Road users are advised that there will be changed traffic arrangements on Gundaroo Drive from Sunday night, 16 September 2018, as work continues on the road’s duplication.
The first stage of the duplication will provide two lanes in both directions between Gungahlin Drive and Anthony Rolfe Avenue and includes a new signalised intersection at Gundaroo Drive and Mirrabei Drive/Anthony Rolfe Avenue. Temporary closures will allow for the final layer of road resurfacing to take place in these sections.
Location and timing of temporary road closure
Work will be carried out as night works between the hours of 8 pm and 6 am and in two stages.
Work will be carried out at the intersection of Gundaroo Drive and Gungahlin Drive on Sunday 16 and Monday 17 September 2018 from 8 pm to 6 am. Left turn movements only will be possible on all approaches to the intersection.
Work will be carried out at the Gundaroo Drive/Nari Street/Ginn Street intersection on Tuesday 18 September 2018 from 8 pm to 6 am. The following closures will be in place:
- Gundaroo Drive will be closed westbound between Anthony Rolfe Avenue and Gungahlin Drive
- Ginn Street will be closed in both directions between Gundaroo Drive and Crinigan Circuit
- there will be no access through the roundabout at Nari Street. A detour will be in place on Nari Street.
During the work at the intersection of Gundaroo Drive and Gungahlin Drive, road users will be detoured via Gungahlin Drive, Burrowa Street, Kosciuszko Avenue and Gundaroo Drive.
During the work at the Gundaroo Drive/Nari Street/Ginn Street intersection, road users travelling westbound on Gundaroo Drive will be detoured via Anthony Rolfe Avenue, Gozzard Street and The Valley Avenue. Motorists travelling eastbound through the Nari Street roundabout will be detoured on Nari Street (map attached).
Effects on traffic
- Minor delays are expected.
- Barriers as well as warning and diversion signs will be erected to alert people to the closure.
- Drivers are asked to be mindful of the changed traffic arrangements and adhere to the work zone speed limits.
For more information on the duplication of Gundaroo Drive and other projects in the area, visit www.tccs.act.gov.au or contact Access Canberra on 13 22 81.
- Statement ends -
Section: ACT Transport Canberra and City Services Directorate | Media Releases