Traffic light repairs at Mugga Lane
Repair work to a damaged traffic light at the intersection of Hindmarsh Drive and Mugga Lane will be conducted on Wednesday 12 July 2017. Works are expected to last for most of the day, and will require the north bound lane of Mugga Lane to be closed between the intersection with Hindmarsh Drive and the Periodic Detention Centre driveway.
While we understand these works can cause frustration and require extra planning, they are essential to ensure the intersection of Hindmarsh Drive and Mugga Lane to continue to operate safely.
Where will the closure take place?
The north bound lane of Mugga Lane will be closed between the intersection and the Periodic Detention Centre driveway.
When will closure take place?
- Works will be conducted on Wednesday 12 July 2017 between 9.30 am and 4 pm weather permitting.
- If weather causes delays the works will continue on the following day within the same hours
What changes can I expect during the works?
The lane closure will mean some traffic movements will be restricted at the intersection and detours will be in place:
- Traffic heading north along Mugga Lane will not be allowed to turn left or right onto Hindmarsh Drive, but will instead be diverted along Narrabundah Lane and Jerrabomberra Avenue
- Traffic heading east along Hindmarsh Drive will not be allowed to turn right onto Mugga Lane, but will instead be diverted along Jerrabomberra Avenue and Narrabundah Lane
Motorists should also be aware that all traffic lights at the intersection will be turned off during works. The following changed traffic arrangements will be in place during the closure:
- Traffic management staff will be on hand to direct traffic
- Reduced speed limits will be in place during the works
- Motorists are asked to seek an alternate route if possible, or plan for longer travel times
- The public are asked to adhere to all signposted speed limits
We acknowledge these works will cause some frustration and thank the community for their understanding as we get the job done quickly and professionally.
For up-to-date information on road closures please call Access Canberra on 13 22 81 or visit www.tccs.act.gov.au
- Statement ends -
Section: ACT Transport Canberra and City Services Directorate | Media Releases