Resurfacing work on Cohen Street
Resurfacing works at Cohen Street, Belconnen are planned to take place on Sunday 7 May 2017 and the evening of Monday 8 May 2017. The works will require a temporary road closure as well as the temporary closure of the Cohen Street Bus Station.
The works will involve removing the existing pavement, laying a new asphalt surface and replacing line markings. These works will improve ride comfort, safety and extend the life of the road.
Detours and changed arrangements for public transport users will be in place for the duration of the work.
Location of closures
Cohen Street will be closed between Nettlefold Street and Lathlain Street. This will meant there is no access to Cohen Street from:
- Nettleford Street
- Jolly Street
- Josephson Street
- Wales Street
- Lathlain Street
The Cohen Street Bus Station will also be closed during works.
Timing of closures
The closures will be in place at the following times:
- 10 am Sunday 7 May to 5 am Monday 8 May
- 7 pm Monday 8 May to 5 am Tuesday 9 May
- In the event of delays work will be scheduled for the following nights between 7 pm and 5 am
Effects on traffic
- Minor delays are expected and motorists are advised to seek an alternate route
- Traffic management will be in place to assist the movement of vehicles
- Detours will be in place along Nettlefold Street and Lathlain Street
- Signage, including variable message boards, will be in place to direct traffic
Effects on public transport
- The Cohen Street Bus Station will be closed during these works, and the works also coincide with upgrades at the Westfield Bus Station
- Customers are asked to use the Belconnen Community Bus Station on Benjamin Way
- Service diversions will be in place
- Customers wanting to access the Belconnen Medical Centre can make use of the bus stops on Nettlefold Street
For up-to-date information on road closures please call Access Canberra on 13 22 81 or visit www.tccs.act.gov.au
For more information on Transport Canberra services visit www.transport.act.gov.au or call 13 17 10.
- Statement ends -
Section: ACT Transport Canberra and City Services Directorate | Media Releases