Night road works on Aikman Drive, Belconnen
New stormwater infrastructure will be constructed this week under Aikman Drive, Belconnen as work continues on the duplication of the road between Ginninderra Drive and Emu Bank. To minimise disruption, works will be conducted at night for three consecutive nights beginning tomorrow night, Wednesday 15 March 2017.
Location of the closure
- Intersection of Aikman Drive and Joy Cummings Place, Belconnen (see map below).
Timing of the closure
Road works will commence from 7 pm to 6 am the following day, (weather permitting) on:
- Wednesday 15 March to Thursday 16 March 2017
- Thursday 16 March to Friday 17 March 2017
- Friday 17 March to Saturday 18 March 2017.
Effects on traffic
- Aikman Drive – Joy Cummings Place traffic signals will be switched off from 7 pm.
- Traffic controllers will be on site from 7 pm to direct and manage traffic with localised traffic deviations
- 40 km/h speed limit on Aikman Drive will be in operation from Ginninderra Drive to Emu Bank
- Variable Message Board signage to advise motorists will be in place.
Minor disruptions are expected and the ACT Government apologises for any inconvenience caused as a result of these works which will improve the capacity of this important entry point to the Belconnen Town Centre.
Barriers and signs will be erected on site. For up-to-date information on road closures please call Access Canberra on 13 22 81 or visit www.tccs.act.gov.au
- Statement ends -
Section: ACT Transport Canberra and City Services Directorate | Media Releases