Giggle & Wiggle returns with new booking system at some branches
Libraries ACT’s popular children’s learning program Giggle & Wiggle returned this week with some changes at the Dickson, Gungahlin and Woden Libraries.
“Following a successful trial at Dickson Library late last year, the changes at three library branches include a booking system and an extra session of Giggle & Wiggle,” Libraries ACT Director Vanessa Little said.
“The three library branches will host two 30 minute sessions, one at 10.15 am and again at 11.30 am, with both sessions containing the same content. Bookings will also be required to help enable smaller session sizes, increase the quality of the program and safety and comfort for all customers.
“Bookings can be made from 7.30 am on the morning of the sessions in three ways:
- Online via the Libraries ACT website or Eventbrite app (download from the Play Store or iTunes)
- By phone on 6205 9000
- In the library branch when the library opens.
“A small number of places will be reserved for walk in customers to ensure access for those with low literacy in English or who may have some technology barriers.
“Giggle & Wiggle involves exploring language with children up to two years of age and we are thrilled that the programs are popular. They are free and include rhymes, songs, and language play.
“Giggle and Wiggle sessions remain unchanged at Tuggeranong, Erindale, Belconnen and Kippax Libraries, with single sessions and no bookings required at those libraries,” Ms Little concluded.
Giggle & Wiggle weekly sessions are at the locations listed below on the following days:
- Monday - 10.15 am and 11.30 am – Gungahlin Library (bookings required)
- Tuesday – 10.15 am and 11.30 am – Dickson Library (bookings required)
- Wednesday – 10.30 am – Tuggeranong Library
- Thursday – 10.30 am – Belconnen Library, Erindale Library
- Friday – 10.15 am and 11.30 am – Woden Library (bookings required)
- Friday – 10.30 am – Kippax Library.
More information about Giggle & Wiggle, including the recent changes to the program can be found on the Libraries ACT website at www.library.act.gov.au or by telephoning 6205 9000.
- Statement ends -
Section: ACT Transport Canberra and City Services Directorate | Media Releases