The ACT Vocational Education and Training Administration Records System (AVETARS) is the replacement system for the ACT VET Management System/s (AVMS1 and AVMS2). AVETARS transforms the way ACT VET stakeholders interact with Skills Canberra.
AVETARS core functionality includes:
- The ACT Qualifications Register including qualification nominations and data from training.gov.au
- Australian Apprenticeships Training Contract management (data from TYIMS) including auto-approval of training contracts
- AVETMISS upload to claim payments.
There will be a staged release of additional functionality throughout 2015. This will include:
- Australian Apprenticeships Training Contract variations
- Skilled Capital payment claims
- AVETMISS National VET Provider Collection submissions
Following full implementation, AVETARS will include the following functionality.
*Please note the functionality below is not available from 5 January 2015.
- User portals for registered training organisations (RTOs), Australian Network Providers (ANPs), group training organisations (GTOs), employers, students, ACT high schools and colleges.
- The user portals will provide stakeholders with greater levels of access to information through a streamline, accessible and user-friendly system with real-time information at their finger tips.
Australian Apprenticeships Training Contract Management
- AVETARS will allow stakeholders to update their training contract information online.
- Stakeholders will be able to initiate and validate changes to the training contract online rather than through a paper-based form (except where a student is under 18 years-of-age and a parent/guardian signature is required).
RTO Payment Claims and AVETMISS Data Reporting
- AVETARS will allow RTOs to upload their AVETMISS data to claim payments and check their data quality. AVETARS will not correct errors in RTO data or information but will identify the error for the RTO to correct at the source.
- AVETARS will allow RTOs to upload their ACT AVETMISS NCVER National Provider Collection data through a portal.
If you have any questions, please refer to the AVETARS User Manual and the FAQs document below. Alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1800 175 924.
AVETARS User Manual (general AVETARS use)
AVETARS User Manual (1.9mb)
Skilled Capital AVETARS Training Materials
Skilled Capital Student Enrolment Instructional Video (external YouTube link)
AVETARS Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Last updated: 05 May 2015
AVETARS FAQs (117kb)
AVETARS FAQs (743kb)