Audit Guide for Training Providers
RTO Internal Review
Under section 9 of the ACT Funding Agreement (ACTFA) each RTO must conduct an internal audit a minimum of once every calendar year, to assess its ongoing suitability and compliance with the Deed of Agreement and the adequacy of operations in ensuring consistency of outcomes.
The objectives of the RTO Internal Review Tool are to:
- assist RTOs meet their contractual requirements under the ACTFA
- assist RTOs meet the minimum service requirements of each ACT funded training initiative
- promote quality training and assessments systems
- ensure accurate reporting and record keeping practices
- provide a set of outcomes for RTOs to self-assess compliance and assist in establishing a framework to identify and develop improvement practices.
All RTOs with an ACTFA must use the RTO Internal Review Tool (tool) supplied by the Directorate to conduct and record the outcome of its own annual internal audit for each calendar year. In addition to being a contractual requirement, the tool should form part of the RTO’s internal controls.
The tool must be completed and submitted to Skills Canberra using the online SmartForm.
The 2016 RTO Internal Review Tool is provided below as a reference only. The 2017 RTO Internal Review Tool will be released later in 2017.