Grants program opens to enrich ACT’s cultural diversity
Applications opened today for the $260,000 Participation (Multicultural) Grants Program which aims to enhance the ACT community by investing in innovative projects that highlight and promote cultural diversity, social harmony and inclusion.
In 2016-17, approximately 140 ACT organisations and groups benefited from the grants and we are again looking for that level of community engagement.
The program supports organisations and groups looking to enhance:
- multicultural community participation, social harmony and inclusion initiatives;
- broadcasting via community radio stations and multicultural community broadcasters; and
- participation in the 2018 National Multicultural Festival.
In addition, applications that demonstrate an active focus on at least one of the following priority areas will be viewed favourably:
- activities that help to promote the contribution of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture and heritage in the context of a diverse multicultural community;
- activities that contribute to building, strengthening and promoting multiculturalism in the ACT;
- activities that raise awareness of domestic violence issues in multicultural communities; and
- projects, activities or initiatives that support mature aged workers (aged 50 plus) from a multicultural background access programs and services to increase their ability to find work, re-skill and ensure they remain active and productive.
For details and guidelines on the Program, please visit www.communityservices.act.gov.au/multicultural/programs/grants.
Applications are scheduled to close at midnight on Sunday, 27 August 2017.
- Statement ends -
Section: Meegan Fitzharris, MLA | Media Releases
02 6205 2775
0466 521 634