Fashion show and celebrity chef cook off to highlight business expo
A celebrity chef cook off with recovered food, a fashion show of pre-loved second-hand clothes and an auction of a table made from timber pallets are just a few of the many activities being held at tomorrow’s (Thursday) Actsmart Business Sustainability Expo. This free event runs from 10 am to 5 pm at Southern Cross Club in Woden.
“The Expo will offer interactive workshops, displays of the latest products ranging from solar panels to battery storage to organics solutions, as well as inspirational speakers and a range of networking opportunities,” said Ros Malouf, Senior Manager, Sustainability Programs,
Key activities include:
- FASHFEST live fashion demonstration featuring outfits designed by CIT students and sourced from the Salvos
- OzHarvest ‘celebrity chef cook off’ with renowned local chefs including Executive chef Pialligo Estate Darren Perryman and East Hotel’s Executive Sous Chef Michael Magill
- boyandgirlco constructing a table using old timber pallets with a live auction
- keynote speakers including Telstra small business award winner Karen Porter; Manager, IKEA Canberra, Charmaine Hick; and TEDxCanberra’s Ingrid Tomanovits
- workshop series covering topics such as solar storage and what embassies and schools can do to improve their sustainability.
“The Actsmart Expo will have displays of the latest products and services from over 35 businesses from across the region, showcasing how people can save money and help the environment at the same time,” Ms Malouf said.
This year’s event is being undertaken as a partnership with the Canberra Business Chamber who is committed to providing its stakeholders with initiatives helping them to become more sustainable, while reducing overhead costs.
For more information on the event and Actsmart’s programs visit www.actsmart.act.gov.au
- Statement ends -
Section: ACT Environment, Planning and Sustainable Development Directorate | Media Releases
(02) 6205 0312
0401 766 218