Tickets to Floriade NightFest 2012 have gone on sale today. NightFest will again transform Commonwealth Park into an after-dark wonderland next month with spectacular lighting and a fantastic program of entertainment.
Visitors can wander through the night markets, experience stunning light installations, enjoy spectacular LED and fire twirling shows, catch some great tunes and enjoy a drink.
Highlights of the entertainment program include:
* Wednesday is chill out night, when you can catch eight-piece New York ensemble The Hipstones.
* 'Latino Thursday' brings multi Latin Grammy nominee Kevin Johansen and The Nada, all the way from Buenos Aires.
* On 'Supper Club' Friday, Venus Fire - the artâ€pop project of songstress Hayley Clare - takes centre stage.
* 'Party Night' Saturday features Canberra's hip six-piece soul, R&B and party band Plump, fronted by Canberra's The Voice contestant Anthony Dellamarta.
* Family Night Sunday will have kids of all ages grinning and shimmying along to ZooBoyz and Lah Lah's Big Live Band.
* The Comedy Stage will feature acts such as Randy, the Stevenson Experience, Dayne Rathbone, Ronny Chieng, and Michael Workman.
* There will be a great DJ line-up in the Butterfly Lounge, including Jeremy Joshua, Ashley Feraude, Leigh Wood, Alex Carder, Rafa Chango (Rafael Florez), Rachel Andrews, Matt Aitchison (AKA Favourite Son), and Jem Natividad (Jemist).
* Renowned Sydney interior stylist and bestselling author Sibella Court will hold a presentation at the ActewAGL Look 'n' Learn Marquee.
* There will be runway fashion shows and Q&A sessions with stylist Gerard Wilton, who will demonstrate what fashion styles can be created with garments sourced from the St Vincent de Paul Society.
* Sugar and Slice Cakes and Claude Fremy will hold cooking demonstrations in the Gourmet Garden, the place for learning how to grow, harvest, prepare and share fresh seasonal food.
* There will also be a 35-metre Ferris wheel, which will offer stunning views over Canberra.
Last year's NightFest attracted strong crowds, and I encourage Canberrans to buy tickets in advance to avoid missing out. I also encourage locals to invite their interstate friends and relatives to attend.
NightFest will run 6.30pm to 10.30pm from Wednesday 26 September to Sunday 30 September 2012 inclusive.
Tickets are $25 for adults, $10 for children, $50 for a family (two adults, two children), and $10 for concession holders. Entry is free for children aged 4 and under. Entry to Floriade by day will remain free for all visitors.
For information on Floriade see www.floriadeaustralia.com.au. NightFest tickets are on sale at www.ticketek.com.au, Ticketek agents, and by phoning 13 28 49.
- Statement ends -
Section: Andrew Barr, MLA | Media Releases
02 6205 1690
0434 668 495