Road resurfacing works on new-look Ashley Drive from Thursday
Motorists and other road users are advised that the final layer of road resurfacing works will take place on Ashley Drive between Isabella Drive and Erindale Drive as the duplication of Ashley Drive approaches its completion.
Following the road resurfacing works, the new traffic lights at Statton Street and Bugden Avenue will become operational in the week commencing 7 May 2018, improving safety for motorists and pedestrians at these intersections.
Works will take place on the northbound and southbound carriageways of Ashley Drive and will occur in two stages.
Location and timing of works
Work will be carried out between 6 am and 6 pm from Thursday 26 to Monday 30 April 2018.
Stage 1: Thursday 26 April 2018 to Friday 27 April 2018
- Ashley Drive northbound between Isabella Drive and Erindale Drive.
Stage 2: Saturday 28 April 2018 to Monday 30 April 2018
- Ashley Drive southbound between Isabella Drive and Erindale Drive.
Location and timing of road closures
- One lane of traffic in each direction will be maintained on Thursday 26, Friday 27 and
Monday 30 April 2018.
- Access to and from Ashley Drive at the following intersections will be temporarily closed whilst road resurfacing work occurs at the intersection:
- Statton Street
- Clive Steele Avenue
- Bugden Avenue
- Barraclough Crescent
- Southbound lanes will be closed on Ashley Drive between Isabella Drive and Erindale Drive from
6 am to 6 pm on Saturday 28 and Sunday 29 April 2018.
Effects on traffic
- Minor delays are expected.
- Barriers as well as warning signs will be erected to alert people to the closures.
- Traffic controllers will be on site to guide motorists through the area.
- Drivers are asked to be mindful of the changed traffic arrangements and adhere to the work zone speed limits of 40 km/h.
The ACT Government thanks everyone for their patience whilst this important work takes place.
For more information on the duplication of Ashley Drive and other projects in the area, visit www.tccs.act.gov.au or contact Access Canberra on 13 22 81.
- Statement ends -
Section: ACT Transport Canberra and City Services Directorate | Media Releases