Resurfacing works on The Valley Avenue to give a smooth finish
Road resurfacing works will temporarily close sections of road in Gungahlin on Sunday 15 April 2018 to make conditions safer for motorists and quieter for residents.
There will also be additional works undertaken on Gozzard Street for works associated with the construction of an 11kv electricity feeder to the Gungahlin Town Centre.
Road resurfacing is an important step in maintaining Canberra’s roads as it extends the life of an existing road. It can be a multi-stage process, consisting of one, two or three stages, so the community may notice that roads are being resurfaced multiple times across a 12 month period. The stages are:
- asphalt patching to remove defects in the pavement
- application of a conventional seal to fill any cracks on the surface
- micro surfacing to extend the life of the road and give it a smooth finish.
The final stage of road resurfacing, micro surfacing, will be carried out on The Valley Avenue this Sunday, giving the road a smooth, less textured finish which will reduce noise for nearby residents.
Location of road resealing works on The Valley Avenue
- The Valley Avenue, in both directions, between Gungahlin Drive and Hinder Street.
Location and timing of closures for The Valley Avenue works
The following roads will be closed from 5 am to 4 pm:
- The Valley Avenue, both directions, between Gungahlin Drive and Hinder Street
- Delma View, both directions, closed at The Valley Avenue
- Warwick Street (north and south), both directions, closed at The Valley Avenue
- Gozzard Street (north), both directions, closed from Efkarpidis Street to The Valley Avenue
- Gozzard Street (south), both directions, closed at The Valley Avenue
- Gungahlin Place (east), southbound, closed from Efkarpidis Street to The Valley Avenue.
Effects on traffic
- Traffic controllers will be on site to guide motorists through the area.
- Detours will be in place whilst the resurfacing works are being undertaken.
- Access will be maintained for local traffic at all times.
Traffic controllers as well as warning signs will be in place to alert people to the road resurfacing operations and detours in place.
Location and times of additional works on Gozzard Street, Gungahlin
- Gozzard Street will be closed southbound from Anthony Rolfe Avenue to Ernest Cavanagh Street on Sunday 15 April 2018 from 6.30 am to 6 pm for works associated with the construction of an 11kv electricity feeder to the Gungahlin Town Centre.
Transport Canberra and City Services would like to thank motorists for their patience during the essential road resurfacing operations.
For up-to-date information on road closures visit www.tccs.act.gov.au or call Access Canberra on 13 22 81.
- Statement ends -
Section: ACT Transport Canberra and City Services Directorate | Media Releases