More late night rapid buses for National Multicultural Festival
The ACT Government will be providing more late night rapid bus services for the National Multicultural Festival this year, to help patrons get to and from the festival without the hassle of parking.
Executive Director for Transport Canberra Operations, David Matthews said that the best way to travel to and from the Festival is using public transport.
“Routes 300 and 200 services will be providing high frequency travel to and from the Festival. Route 300 services operate between Tuggeranong, Woden, City and Belconnen while the Route 200 services operate between Gungahlin, City and Kingston,” Mr Matthews said.
“Special Multicultural Festival Late Night Rapid bus services will run on Friday and Saturday night. The Late Night Rapid service is a modified version the Red and Blue Rapids, it includes:
- A Late Night Red Rapid service, between Gungahlin and Kingston, return.
- A Late Night Blue Rapid service, between Belconnen and Tuggeranong, return via Civic and Woden.
“Buses will depart the City every 20 minutes with the last bus departing the City at approximately 2:30 am on Friday and Saturday night. Buses will travel to major town centres or bus stations along the route,” Mr Matthews said.
“To connect passengers the ACT Government through Transport Canberra is partnering with Uber to offer discounted Uber rides and Late Night Rapids, making it an even more convenient and affordable option. Passengers simply have to use the Uber app to get a ride to and from their nearest bus station (except Civic) and they will automatically get up to $10 off their trip.
“For those travelling to the festival, the cheapest and easiest way to travel is with a MyWay card. MyWay cards are available from any MyWay Recharge Agent, online or by calling 13 17 10. Alternatively cash fares are available onboard”, Mr Matthews said.
London Circuit will be closed in both directions from East Row to Akuna Street. A number of Transport Canberra bus services will be affected by the temporary closure. The following diversions and stop closures will be in place from 10:00 am Friday 16 February 2018. Regular services will resume from Monday 19 February.
The following bus stops will be closed during this period:
- Stop 3356 – London Circuit Legislative Assembly (North Bound)
- Stop 3003 – London Circuit Commonwealth Bank (South Bound)
- Stop 3004 – London Circuit after Akuna Street (South Bound) While there are no changes to scheduled departure times within the Transport Canberra bus network, please plan ahead and allow additional travel time in consideration of traffic delays anticipated for the event. Details of the service changes, including maps can be found at www.transport.act.gov.au
Signage and PA announcements will be in place and Transport Canberra customer service staff will be available to assist passengers. Schools are being advised of changes to services which normally run through the City Bus Station on the Friday afternoon.
For up-to-date information on road closures please call Access Canberra on 13 22 81 or visit www.tccs.act.gov.au
- Statement ends -
Section: ACT Transport Canberra and City Services Directorate | Media Releases