Two lanes on Vernon Circle to close for major Law Courts works from tonight
Two northbound lanes of Vernon Circle in the city will be intermittently closed for a series of evenings from tonight, Wednesday 27 September, 2017 to allow for the delivery of two large sections of fabricated steel that will form a link bridge over the existing Supreme Court building as part of the ACT Law Courts Project.
The first of the two delivery events requiring closure of the lanes will take place from 6.30 pm tonight, Wednesday 27 September until 6 am tomorrow, Thursday 28 September 2017 (weather permitting). A second closure is currently scheduled to occur for a period between 10 pm Friday 29 September and 4 pm Sunday 1 October, 2017.
If required, lane closures may also be required on 28 September, 29 September, 3 October, 4 October, 5 October and 6 October 2017. Further advice will be provided if works are needed on these dates.
The lane closures are to allow for crews to undertake major works on the ACT Law Courts Project, including the delivery and installation of the link bridge over the existing Supreme Court building.
One citybound lane will remain open. A temporary cycle lane will be in place throughout the closure.
Effects on traffic
- Two lanes of Vernon Circle (northbound traffic) will be closed to all traffic.
- One northbound lane of Vernon Circle will remain open.
- Southbound lanes of Vernon Circle will be unaffected.
Location of road closures
- Two lanes of Vernon Circle, city (northbound) at the ACT Law Courts, near City Hill Town Park.
Timing of closures
The closures will be in place from:
- 6.30 pm Wednesday 27 September till 6 am Thursday 28 September 2017
- 6.30 pm Thursday 28 September till 6 am Friday 29 September 2017 (if required)
- 10 pm Friday 29 September till 4 pm Sunday 1 October 2017 (for a short period).
If required, the lanes may also be closed next week for further works. Further advice will be provided if these closures are to eventuate at the following times:
- 6.30 pm Tuesday 3 October till 6 am Wednesday 4 October 2017
- 6.30 pm Wednesday 4 October till 6 am Thursday 5 October 2017
- 6.30 pm Thursday 5 October till 6 am Friday 6 October 2017.
Barriers and warning signs will also erected.
A lane closure was previously planned for 22 September, 2017 but did not eventuate due to transportation issues.
The ACT Government would like to thank the public for their patience during these works.
For up-to-date information on road closures please call Access Canberra on 13 22 81 or visit www.tccs.act.gov.au
- Statement ends -
Section: ACT Transport Canberra and City Services Directorate | Media Releases