Temporary road closures for National Multicultural Festival
A number of road closures will be in place to allow for this year’s National Multicultural Festival. The first of these closures is in place today with the closures ending at 6 am Monday 20 February 2017.
Timing and location of closures
The following closure is currently in place and will remain so until 6 am Monday 20 February 2017:
- Tocumwal Lane at the intersection with Bunda Street
The following closures are in place from 10 am Friday 17 February to 6 am Monday 20 February 2017:
- Bunda Street between Petrie Street and Mort Street
- Scots Crossing at Bunda Street
- Petrie Street at Bunda Street
- Genge Street at Bunda Street
- Murulla Lane at Bunda Street
- Bible Lane at Bunda Street
The following closures are in place from 12.01 am Friday 17 February to 6 am Monday 20 February 2017:
- Ainslie place at the intersection with Riverside Lane
- The two car parks at the rear and opposite of Baileys Corner
The following closure is in place from 10 am Friday 17 February to 5 am Monday 20 February 2017:
- London Circuit westbound between Akuna Street and Northbourne Avenue
Effects on Traffic
Detours will be in place during these works. Motorists should seek an alternative route.
Effects on public transport
A number of Transport Canberra bus services will be affected by the temporary closures. Diversions and bus stop closures will be in place from 10 am Friday 17 February 2017. Regular services will resume from Monday 20 February. Visit www.transport.act.gov.au for more information.
Barriers and signs will be erected on site. For up-to-date information on road closures please call Access Canberra on 13 22 81 or visit www.tccs.act.gov.au
- Statement ends -
Section: ACT Transport Canberra and City Services Directorate | Media Releases