Resurfacing work on Yarra Glen roundabout
As part of the ACT Government’s continued commitment to maintaining our road network, resurfacing works will be undertaken on the roundabout at Yambah Drive, Yarra Glen and Melrose Drive in Woden from Monday 8 May 2017. Works are expected to last for four nights.
Work will be undertaken outside peak periods and will require temporary lanes closures. Detours will be in place.
The works will involve removing the existing pavement, laying a new asphalt surface and replacing line markings. These works will improve ride comfort, safety and extend the life of the road.
Effects on Traffic
- Sections of the roundabout at Yamba Drive, Yarra Glen and Melrose Drive and surrounding approaches will be subject to short term temporary lane closures
- During the works, traffic can pass through the roundabout from 7 pm to 9 pm each night
- After 9 pm detours will be in place to divert traffic through adjacent suburbs as required
- Traffic controllers will be on site to manage the closure and assist motorists as necessary
- Minor delays are expected and motorists are advised to seek an alternate route
- Signage, including variable message boards, will be in place to direct traffic
Timing of works
- 7 pm Monday 8 May to 5 am Tuesday 9 May
- 7 pm Tuesday 9 May to 5 am Wednesday 10 May
- 7 pm Wednesday 10 May to 5 am Thursday 11 May
- 7 pm Thursday 11 May 2017 to 5 am Friday 12 May 2017
- In the event of delays work will be scheduled for the following nights between 7 pm and 5 am
Location of works
Works will be conducted on sections of the roundabout at Yamba Drive, Yarra Glen and Melrose Drive and surrounding approaches.
For up-to-date information on road closures please call Access Canberra on 13 22 81 or visit www.tccs.act.gov.au
- Statement ends -
Section: ACT Transport Canberra and City Services Directorate | Media Releases