Resurfacing work at Woden Town Centre
Resurfacing work at the intersection of Hindmarsh Drive with Melrose Drive and the intersection of Melrose Drive and Brewer Street, Phillip, is planned to start on the evening of Thursday 9 February 2017 and will continue for six nights (not consecutive).
The works will involve removing the existing pavement, laying a new asphalt surface and replacing line markings. This will require changed traffic arrangements to be put in place. These works will improve ride comfort, safety and extend the life of the road.
Location of works
- The intersection of Hindmarsh Drive with Melrose Drive, Phillip
- The intersection of Melrose Drive and Brewer Street, Phillip
Timing of works
The work will be undertaken from the following times, weather permitting:
- 7 pm Thursday 9 February 2017 to 6 am Friday 10 February 2017
- 7 pm Sunday 12 February 2017 to 6 am Monday 13 February 2017
- 7 pm Monday 13 February 2017 to 6 am Tuesday 14 February 2017
- 7 pm Tuesday 14 February to 6 am Wednesday 15 February 2017
- 7 pm Wednesday 15 February to 6 am Thursday 16 February 2017
- 7 pm Thursday 16 February to 6 am Friday 17 February 2017
In the event of any delays, work will be scheduled for nights the following week between 7 pm and 6 am. Further notification would be provided if required.
Effects on traffic
- During the works, the speed limit around the site will be reduced to 40km per hour.
- Temporary lanes closures will also be put in place.
- Traffic controllers will be on site to manage the flow of traffic and to assist local motorists to access their homes or businesses.
- Minor delays can be expected while the works are being undertaken.
Barriers, and signs will be erected on site and traffic controllers will direct traffic through the worksite.
For up-to-date information on road closures please call Access Canberra on 13 22 81 or visit www.tccs.act.gov.au
- Statement ends -
Section: ACT Transport Canberra and City Services Directorate | Media Releases