Let Transport Canberra take you to the 2017 Royal Canberra Show
Take a Transport Canberra bus to and from the Royal Canberra Show at EPIC this weekend and avoid the hassles of driving and parking.
If you have pre-purchased your Show ticket you can travel to the Show by bus for free. If you haven’t pre-purchased your ticket, normal fares will apply. The cheapest and easiest way to travel by bus is with a MyWay card, available from any MyWay Recharge Agent, online or by calling 13 17 10. Alternatively cash fares are available onboard.
On Friday 24 February 2017 EPIC will be serviced by the high frequency Red Rapid 200 series and routes 56, 57 and 58.
- Routes 200, 251, 252, 255, 259 – link Gungahlin, Mitchell, Dickson, City, Russell, Barton, Kingston and Fyshwick and operate every 15 minutes or better between 7 am and 7 pm
- Route 56 – services Gungahlin to the City via Palmerston, Franklin and Mitchell
- Route 57 – services Gungahlin to the City via Franklin and Mitchell
- Route 58 – services Gungahlin to the City via Harrison
From other bus stations or major town centres, catch a Blue Rapid 300 series (Routes 300, 313, 314, 315, 316, 318, 319 and 343) to the City Bus Station where you can connect via Platform 8 to connecting services to the Show (200 series, 56, 57 and 58). The Blue Rapid 300 series operates every 10 minutes or better between
7 am and 7 pm.
On Saturday 25 and Sunday 26 February 2017 EPIC is serviced by Routes 950, 956 and 958.
- Route 950 – links Gungahlin, Mitchell, Dickson and the City
- Route 956 – services Gungahlin to the City via Palmerston, Franklin and Mitchell
- Route 958 – services Gungahlin to the City via Harrison, Franklin and Mitchell
From other bus stations or major town centres, catch a Blue Rapid 900 series and connect at the City Bus Station via Platform 8 with connecting services to the Show (950, 956 or 958). The Blue Rapid 900 series operates every 15 minutes from first to last service.
Free bus shuttles will operate between EPIC and the City Bus Station 7.30 pm and midnight on Friday 24 and Saturday 25 February 2017.
Visit www.transport.act.gov.au for more information.
- Statement ends -
Section: ACT Transport Canberra and City Services Directorate | Media Releases