Creating a safer Sutton Road
Pavement rehabilitation works will start on Sutton Road this Monday 17 July 2017 and are expected to last several months.
The road will remain open to traffic at all times during the works and changed traffic arrangements will be in place. This may cause minor delays and disruptions.
While we understand these works can cause frustration and require extra planning, they are essential to ensure Sutton Road remains safe and accessible.
Where will the works take place?
- The works will take place along a three kilometre section of Sutton Road north of the intersection of Sutton Road and Pialligo Avenue
- The works will be carried out in 250 metre sections along Sutton Road
When will works take place?
- Construction will start on 17 July, weather permitting, and run until mid-December. During that time, works will be conducted at the following times:
- Weekdays from 7 am to 4.30 pm
- Saturdays from 7 am to 1 pm
- There will be no works conducted on Sunday
What changes can I expect during construction?
- Lane closures and reduced speed limits will be in place during the works
- Traffic movements will be controlled by temporary traffic lights
- The changed arrangements will only affect a 250 metre section of the road at any point
- While the road will remain open to traffic at all times, minor delays can be expected in the area while the works are being undertaken
- Motorists are asked to seek an alternate route if possible, or plan for longer travel times
- The public are also asked to adhere to all signposted speed limits
We acknowledge these works will cause some frustration and thank the community for their understanding as we get the job done quickly and professionally.
For up-to-date information on road closures please call Access Canberra on 13 22 81 or visit www.tccs.act.gov.au
- Statement ends -
Section: ACT Transport Canberra and City Services Directorate | Media Releases