City road closures for Sunday Rally
Transport Canberra and City Services would like to advise that sections of Akuna Street, Bunda Street and London Circuit will be closed for a period on Sunday afternoon 8 October 2017 for the Rally for Refugees event.
People who are visiting the city on Sunday afternoon should allow 15 minutes extra on their trip to avoid being late.
How will the Rally affect traffic in the city?
- Sections of Akuna Street, Bunda Street and London Circuit will be closed to all traffic during the Rally.
- Turning left from Rabaul Lane into Akuna Street and turning right from Hillside Lane into Akuna Street will be permitted during the rally.
Where and when will there be road closures?
- Akuna Street between London Circuit and Bunda Street.
- Bunda Street between Akuna Street and Petrie Street.
- Southbound lanes of London Circuit between Petrie Street and Nangari Street.
- Northbound lanes of London Circuit between Constitution Avenue and Petrie Street.
- The road closures will be in place from 1 pm till 2.30 pm Sunday 8 October 2017.
- Barriers and warning signs will be erected.
For up-to-date information on road closures please call Access Canberra on 13 22 81 or visit www.tccs.act.gov.au
- Statement ends -
Section: ACT Transport Canberra and City Services Directorate | Media Releases