Changed traffic conditions on Aikman Drive during duplication
Canberrans who travel along Aikman Drive in Belconnen can expect changes and delays to traffic conditions during duplication upgrade works.
From Saturday, 1 July the median strip will be adjusted to suit the newly widened road and traffic will be directed around the median strip.
The Aikman Drive bus stop will be permanently relocated from its current position to a new spot several meters back, to accommodate the widened stretch of road.
Southbound traffic will be directed on to the new carriageway, while northbound traffic will remain on the existing road. Motorists should plan for minor delays when scheduling their trip along Aikman Drive.
Transport Canberra and City Services thanks the public for their understanding and patience during these interruptions.
Location and timing of changed traffic conditions
· Traffic will be affected on Aikman Drive between Ginninderra Drive and Emu Bank, Belconnen starting from Saturday 1 July 2017.
Effects on traffic
· Minor delays are expected.
· Roadwork speed limits and traffic management will be in place to assist the movement of vehicles.
· Access will be maintained for the local traffic of residents.
· Signage, including variable message boards, will be in place to direct traffic.
Effects on public transport
· Buses will continue to operate as normal.
· The bus stop located on the southbound carriageway opposite Joy Cummings Place has been permanently relocated onto the new carriageway and can be accessed by crossing Aikman Drive at the pedestrian crossing at the intersection at Joy Cummings Place.
For up-to-date information on road closures please call Access Canberra on 13 22 81 or visit www.tccs.act.gov.au
For more information on Transport Canberra services visit www.transport.act.gov.au or call 13 17 10.
- Statement ends -
Section: ACT Transport Canberra and City Services Directorate | Media Releases