The Chief Minister and Treasury Directorate is committed to providing high quality, professional services and policy advice to ACT Government, and through it, to the citizens of Canberra.
We consider compliments or complaints as a way of both assessing and improving our performance. We will respond to requests for advice and prepare responses to correspondence in a timely manner at all times.
Should you have a complaint or compliment about the services, policies, or processes of Chief Minister and Treasury Directorate, or the behaviour of a Directorate employee, there are a number of ways that you can contact us:
- In writing;
- By email; or
- By telephone
In response to a complaint, Chief Minister and Treasury Directorate will:
- Acknowledge receipt of the complaint promptly.
- Assess the complaint and assign a priority.
- Investigate the complaint to determine the facts and options for resolution.
- Keep the complainant informed of progress.
- Formally respond to the complaint.
- Advise on options for internal and external review if the complainant remains dissatisfied with the response.
- Consider if there are any systemic issues that warrant further attention.
We will respect the confidentiality of personal information and use it only in accordance with the Privacy Act 1998 and other related legislation.
Customer Service Standard
The Chief Minister and Treasury Directorate supports the Chief Minister as head of the Government by leading the public sector and working collaboratively both within Government and with the community to achieve Government outcomes.
We will provide the best possible service in a fair and equitable manner.
What our customers can expect:
- To have confidence in our staff and the advice they provide.
- Confidentiality and privacy in your dealings with us.
- To be treated with respect and without discrimination.
What we will do for our customers:
- Identify ourselves and provide you with service as quickly as possible, or find someone who can.
- Listen to you and look for practical ways of helping to resolve any issues you may have in dealing with us.
- Provide information that is accurate, complete and easy to understand.
- Be courteous, helpful, and considerate at all times.
- Get back to you to ensure you are kept up-to-date with actions we have taken, when we can't immediately meet your needs.
- Deal promptly with any complaints you may have about service delivery and treat all information with discretion.
What we expect of our customers:
- To provide us with relevant information to your inquiry.
- To understand that we may need time to fully and accurately answer queries. We will advise if extended time is needed.
- To advise us of any complaints or suggestions for improvements in a clear and constructive way.
- To treat us with courtesy and respect.
Wherever possible, we will ensure:
- Telephone enquiries are followed up within one working day, and answered within ten working days.
- You can leave a message if a phone is unattended.
- Written enquiries are answered within ten working days.
- Emails are acknowledged within one working day, and if required, an answer is provided within ten working days.
- Accurate advice is given on issues relating to policies of the Directorate.
Mr Chris Cole
Manager, Corporate Governance
Chief Minister and Treasury Directorate
GPO Box 158
Canberra ACT 2601
Email Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Contact: +61 2 6207 5883
A list of current ACT Ministers, their responsibilities and contact details can be found on the ACT Government Directory.