Established, Capable, Skilled: Growing the defence industry in the Canberra region
The Established, Capable, Skilled defence strategy outlines how the ACT Government will build up Canberra's already significant and globally competitive defence industry to support Defence and secure flow-on economic benefits for the Canberra community.
Under the strategy there are 23 distinct actions which focus on five key priority areas:
- Supporting the Canberra region to maximise opportunities from defence procurement;
- Collaborating with other states and territories;
- Attracting investment to grow the defence industry in the Canberra region;
- Continuing to build a skilled, innovative and connected workforce; and
- Fostering new ideas and growing research and industry partnerships.